Thursday, February 17, 2011

How To Mount Sp550uz On Telescope

another leap in Pandemonium ... and that's it!

The previous post seems to have caused some reaction. Alessandro Bottero, professionals experienced in the past and the person with whom I shared some pleasant time during trade shows and conventions around Italy, write a "emphasis" on comic strip citing with flattering words ( Smoky Man, translator and critic whose knowledge and skill are recognized by all (because they are concrete, and this is true) ) and for this I thank him. Then put
(MI poses. Puts me?), From the title, probably confusing my post , a question "provocative" Planeta Translations: who slaughters everything, Smoky Man?
I say confusing because I never spoke of a "massacre" anything. And the question seems to imply that. In fact the word "massacre" Bottero uses it in the first instance, writing "A professional sees massacred their work, and responds crisply and clearly "and then tie it in a comment to my intervention, the story appeared on the forum Comicus. Certainly not my words then.

simply in the light of my experience as a translator for Bao Service Planeta, judging the final result, ie the volumes published by Peter Milligan HB No. 3 and Pandemonium (as explained above, stopped reading captions on a table with two identical), I decided to stop any possible future cooperation (relating to translations Planeta) . Maybe I would not have another chance, but I wanted to communicate my decision to my interlocutor, namely Bao.

According to one volume of Milligan, as mentioned here and detected with mathematical clarity in the reporting of Fumo di China, the problem is the huge number of errors made in the lettering (all items attached, random hyphenation, etc ...) that has no bearing on the work of translation. The translator

delivery in a Word file or similar format. Point. It makes the lettering, not overseeing anything. The translator does not supervise its translation (God forbid!) Nor the yield of the lettering on this table. Of course, the lettering part (or should start) if and only if the translation, who oversees, is deemed suitable. Then on page letter will (should be done) a further stage (or stages) for revision.

I repeat that in my humble opinion, the quality of a book publisher has final responsibility for whatever the processing chain followed. And the editor on that chain must (should) have any control.

No publisher of comics (and others) should, in my humble opinion, to arrive on the shelves of a book such as HB Milligan No.3. If the translation was not up to an editor with an internal quality control and review system works would not have accepted. Still, if the translation is accepted (because valid), an editor should check the phase of lettering so that the end result is optimal. Not Printed a tome, citing China still smoke, with an average of 1.52 errors per page!

This is the last post from me on this issue. Bottero
I think, given his long experience as a publisher, is well aware of the mechanisms outlined above. And what makes him work to produce the books not burdened with 1.52 errors on page!

Who slaughters what?

Vamos a la playa, amigos! ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment